Happy New Year 2022! It’s winter in Idaho so we are heading to warmer climates for a five week trip that will bring us to tropical sandy beaches, rough lava shores with meandering marine iguanas and high Andean altitudes. Hot and cold, sandals and hiking shoes. Here’s what I’m bringing in order 2 Travel Light!
The Whole Enchilada: What am I bringing?
For our Jamaica portion of the trip we’ll be staying at a couple retreats and then an all inclusive resort. Hot sun, sandy beach and pool side attire.
- 2x t-shirts
- 2x bathing suits
- flip flops (and a plastic bag to keep sand in control)
- reef safe 50 spf sun lotion
- sun glasses
- sun hat
- sarong to use as a towel/suit cover up/dress
- bathing suit cover up
- sun dress
The Galapagos Islands and Mainland Ecuador
We’ll be spending 2 weeks island hopping the Galapagos. In addition to reef safe sun lotion, swimsuits, t-shirts and shorts we’ll need some expedition specific items.
- Snorkel masks and snorkel carry bag
- 10 liter water proof bag
- Grayl water purifier
- quick dry Pack Towl (pictured in the gear image above)
For our Ecuador mainland adventure we’ll need warm clothes as we head to mountain tops and cloud forests.
- rain jacket
- down jacket
- travel zip-off pants
- long underwear top and bottoms
- water shoes (for the Galapagos)
- close toed Merrell hiking shoes
- zip up hoodie
Most of these items are things I bring on EVERY trip, regardless of where we’re going. Sometimes I also carry a universal plug adaptor but we won’t need it on this trip. And of course the face-masks are a must have since 2020!
- tiny purse
- toiletry bag: deodorant, hair ties, contact lenses and case, brush, DIVA cup, eyelash curler, ear plugs, toothbrush and tooth paste
- sun hat
- camera (don’t forget your chargers and USB cords for electronics!) and bag to carry it with it’s charging cord
- first aid bag: pepto bismol, imodium, ibuprofen, benadryl, band aids
- quart bag of liquids: conditioner, shampoo, sun lotion, contact lens solution, hair gel
- splitter for Kindle (so Ian and I can watch a movie on the plane) ear buds and bag to hold them all
- reading glasses and sun glasses
- quick dry Pack Towel
- face masks
We’re all packed and ready to go. Follow us to see our next fun adventures in new lands!